To start using Eco-Visio, make sure you initially went through the following steps:
Your counter has been installed and you have went through the following steps:
- If your counter is bidirectional: You have tested the counts and identified the IN and OUT directions on site.
- If your counter is equipped with the automatic data transmission option: You have run a modem test and it was successful.
- If you retrieve the data manually on your counter: you have retrieved the first data and transferred it to Eco-Visio with the Eco-Link app.
- You have taken a picture of the counter and its close environment.
- You have noted the GPS coordinates or the full address where the counter has been installed.
Step 1/3 – Confirm your email address
When you first login, you’ll be asked to confirm your email address with a popup.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
Step 2/3 – Attach your counter to a counting site
How to distinguish a « counter » and a « counting site» ?
In Eco-Visio, we make the distinction between the counter, e.g. the physical equipment that will collect and transfer the data to the counting site.
The counting site is the place where the data is being measured and where the counter is installed.
Several counters can be attached to one same counting site.
On the following picture, data is being measured on two independent bike lanes on each side of the street. To be able to visualize the data on the scale of the street instead of the scale of the two individual bike lanes, we will attach both counters to one counting site: Smallow Street in that case.
Follow the steps below to attach your counter to a counting site
a) Click on the notification pop-up, in the top a right hand corner:
You will be redirected to the management of counting sites.
Your new counter shows-up in the « Non-attached counters» zone.
b) Click on « Attach to a new site ».
c) Follow the instructions on the screen. Click on « Next » at the end of each step.
- Description: Fill in the counting site’s name as minimum information.
- Location : fill in the address or the GPS coordinates. You can also place the counting site directly on the map.
- Counting flows: they are predefined according to the channels uploaded by the counter.
For a bike counter without direction detection, you will have one bike nondirectional flow.
For a bike and pedestrian counter with direction detection, you will have at least four flows: pedestrians IN, pedestrians OUT, bikes IN , bikes OUT.
- Attachment date: Select the date and time when the counter was installed on site.
Your counting site is now created.
You can check that the counter has been attached in the ‘Equipment’ tab, on the counting site page :
If you have several counters to attach:
The counters are attached to different counting sites
The counters are attached to one same counting site
|Follow the exact same procedure.
You will create one counting site per counter.
|On step b of the procedure, click on « Attach to an existing site ».|
Step 3/3 – Analyzing data
a) Go back to the homepage.
Check the data on the dashboard
Run a one-shot analysis
|As a new user, dashboards will be set-up by default: at least one dashboard to view the data on the scale of your whole park of counters, and another one to view the data site by site.
You can adapt the dashboards by default by adding any type of chart or graph with a new analysis (option 2).
|Click on « Analysis » to analyze the data for one or several counting sites.
This new analysis will allow you to generate a widget that you will be able to include in one of your dahsboards, or to export as an image or an excel sheet.
You can now handle the basic steps that will help you use Eco-Visio.